Thursday 3 March 2011

Lists


I love a bit of organisation. I plan trips away with military precision (and have been known to send Al documents on possible holiday destinations, including maps, beach quality and expected temperature), I even have a lovely leather travel wallet for my holiday gubbins. This time round, my organisation skills have truly failed me.

Above is my to-do list. It's the first Paris-themed to-do list I've written. This is hugely out of character for me - by now (3 days to go), I'd usually have written several drafts of that list, with most of the items crossed off. This is what happens when you get yourself a social life - your anal list-making qualities suffer.

However, I have had a rather fabulous week so far. Monday was my last PT session before Paris, Tuesday was Anna Nicole the Opera night (A.MAZE.), and yesterday I went for a lovely dinner with Al's mum and his brother's girlfriend at First Floor Restaurant, which is just the prettiest eaterie in the world.

But all the fabulousness has meant late nights, not enough sleep, and no time to even think about what I need to do for Paris, never mind doing it. So I'm sadly having to cancel tonight's plan to see Al play with the lovely Xantoné Blacq at Mau Mau, and instead I'll be zipping to Oxford Street for some last-minute essentials, doing laundry, calling my bank, digging out my travel adaptor, packing a small case (repeat: I do NOT need to take four pairs of shoes), learning to speak French from scratch and getting some much-needed sleep. And panicking about all the stuff I haven't written on the list. I wrote the above list about 10 minutes ago, and I've already added two more things.

PS: Thank you so much to all my lovely friends (real life and virtual) who've sponsored Team Bangs on the Run so far. If you haven't - there's still time to show us and Refuge some love on our JustGiving page.

1 comment: