Thursday 2 June 2011

Juneathon: Day 2

Flickr image from rp72's photostream

Oh dear lord, the pain. Yesterday's weight-tastic PT session has left me with a really painful case of DOMS - although there wasn't anything 'delayed' about it, I was achey-painy the minute the session finished. It's a bloody good thing that I did my Juneathon run this morning, because as of this afternoon, I can't move at anything faster than an injured snail's pace.

This morning's run was pretty pathetic - a very slow plod to Marble Arch and back = 1.75 miles

I'd like to say I'll be faster tomorrow, but it all depends on whether or not my muscles are still punishing me. If they're still bad, I'm thinking a morning gym session for some upper body/core work or a similar session using the NTC app, which I haven't touched in too long.

5 comments:

  1. A single mile or a marathon, it doesn't matter, right!?!
    It's Juneathon and anything goes! (well perhaps the vodka might have to go!)
    OK, OK ...just don't overdo it!!
    Keep it up and good luck for the rest of Juneathon.
    Ian (runningman856)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treat yourself to a massage to sort out those DOMS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evil DOMS. There really ought to be some sort of law against them

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo - I feel your pain! You know it's going to be bad when you hurt before you even finish the session! Hope you feel a bit better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch - but good for you for running through it!

    ReplyDelete