Saturday 25 December 2010

The Christmas Dinner Challenge: Live

Happy Christmas everyone! I hope Santa's been kind to you all! (However, if you've woken up to a lump of coal, you need to think long and hard about what you did this year. Santa doesn't mess about).

I'm still in bed, but according to the list of cooking times I wrote yesterday, the doom starts at 9.30am. Just enough time for breakfast and presents.

09:05 Breakfast is cooking, Meat 1 (Porky) is in his tray, ready to go.

10:10 Ah, we don't have enough chairs. Porky is cooking, time to start on Meat 2 (Lamby).

11:17 Yes I know what cocking gas mark it's on, I put it there. Now fuck off out of my kitchen.

11:23 I've broken all my nails. Can't allow myself to turn to the booze just yet. Coffee and swearing.

11:30 Shopping the Selfridges online sale. Fuck the food.

12:10 There's no room in the oven for Meat 3 (Beefy). Riiiight.

12:48 Mum hasn't cleaned the bathroom. It was her only job. Bitchfit.

13:54 It all just got a bit mental. Lamb out, potatoes in, pork looks wicked. Beef still sitting on the windowsill. Feck.

14:30 ARGH

15:17 They're sitting and eating. No-one's dead yet. Dog has her eyes on everything, she's going to snap any second.

16:04 Everyone's eaten. Was fabulous, but no crackling - I can't seem to get it to do anything but go brown and fatty? Secretly feeding the dog lamb in the kitchen because she's got a fabulous jumper on:

1 comment:

  1. I think 12:48pm was my favourite. Love a bit of parent / child role reversal...

    ReplyDelete