Sunday 9 January 2011

Food, glorious food and Janathon: Day 9

I'm going to add another point to my 'why SUPERchicks are fabulous list' - you get invited to dinner parties where you're fed scrummy food and made to drink wine and pink fizz. Last night, SUPERchick Justine embraced her inner Nigella and cooked a fabulous dinner for 10 people. The hostess with the mostess (that looks weird written down, non?) whipped up homemade soda bread, salmon with couscous, and the BEST meringues/whipped cream/toffee sauce combo. There was also wine, which made it easy for us to rope fellow SUPERchick Jade into joining us for a run this morning.

So this morning, myself, Justine, Jade and Lucinda met up in Hyde Park, a little bleary-eyed but otherwise ready to roll. Lucinda led us through the 5k route which took us through Hyde Park and around the Serpentine, it was gorgeous. Plus, I saw a pug in a jumper, one of my favourite things in the whole world. 

I got round the route without much complaint from the foot injury, but was a little annoyed to see that my RunKeeper app had only recorded 2 seconds of the run before giving up and going to sleep (I had my Nike+ sportsband on, but hadn't had time to get it working before we started). I really wanted to take advantage of my pain-free state and get a long run out, so I said goodbye to the ladies, got my sportsband working and set off towards Green Park. I'd only really gone past that area on the bus before, and it made for a surprisingly great run. Look at the pretty views:


40-odd minutes later I was home. My sportsband told me I'd run 7.64km, but mapmyrun.com had it at 6.79km (I've calibrated the band now, so future runs should be more accurate). That brings today's grand total to 11.83km, which I'm completely chuffed with. My legs feel like lead weights now, but I'm hoping a recovery run tomorrow should sort that out.

Edit: I've just mapped that route using Nike's Map It and it's come out as 7.52km. Confused. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your long run. Wasn't the sunshine wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either way it was a fab long run in the sunshine - well done!

    ReplyDelete