Monday 24 January 2011

Janathon: Day 24


There was no chance I was going to run for today's Janathon activity because a) my training plan says 'Rest day' after yesterday's uber-run, and b) my foot hurts like a muhfugga. I was rocking a very attractive limp today, and am currently icing the bugger, so hopefully it'll be on the mend soon.

With only seven days to go, I wasn't about to let myself slack off Janathon duties again, so I turned to my new favourite app - Nike Training Club. Armed with a couple of bottles of water (I couldn't be bothered to look for my pitiful Argos weights), I picked the 30 minute 'Action Figure' workout. It was hardcore. After 30 minutes of sumo squats, burpees, ski jumps, reverse crunches and 'inch worm to push ups' (no, me neither), I was just as sweaty and gross as I was at the app launch. Definitely recommend it for a varied at-home workout. Just one word of warning - you might want to take the warm-up into the garden/landing/park - a light jog around my teeny living room left me very dizzy.

And see that lovely badge up there? That's my reward, I'm officially a Nike Training Club Contender. Once I've clocked up 60 minutes on the app, I get upgraded to 'Drill Seeker'. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I like the sound of it. I also like the sound of the 'Destroyer' badge that I get after 120 minutes. Once I get that, I will start calling myself 'Kaye The Destroyer'.

3 comments:

  1. Is that app aimed at women alone? It doesn't seem to suggest so but I read the reviews and a few people were having a moan - and I don't want to download a 500mb+ file if it's no good for me! Looks amazing though - keep destroying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is I'm afraid - it's made by NikeWomen, but I wouldn't let that put you off! The workouts are great, and you can pick the intensity level based on your fitness level. I say give it a go, it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I want to know what a burpee is!

    ReplyDelete