Sunday 16 January 2011

Janathon: Day 16 - Back on track

After the completely failing to do anything Janathon-related yesterday, I knew I had to go all out on today's long run. So after sitting around on the sofa in my running gear, watching Bride Wars for longer than was necessary, I dug deep for some motivation and went out. It was another beautiful day, which definitely helped as I plodded up to Hyde Park. I decided to try a new route, which took me from the Marble Arch end of Hyde Park to the Bayswater end, down past Kensington Gardens, along the bottom of the park, past the Albert Memorial, then out of Hyde Park at Hyde Park corner, around Green Park, then back into Hyde Park and up to Marble Arch, then home.

It wasn't the easiest run, and it certainly wasn't non-stop. I mean, I had to stop to take these pictures for you:


13.57km later (according to my Nike+ sports band - 12.87km according to Nike+ Map It, must calibrate it on a track), I got home. I looked down, and saw this:


'Maybe I stepped in something?' I tried to rationalise. 'Maybe someone dropped something on my foot and I didn't notice?' 'Please don't be blood. Please don't be blood.' I willed. It was blood. And a very grim situation involving a toenail. I'll spare you the details and photos.

See how hard this training malarkey is? I'm not the only Team Bangs on the Run girl to suffer this fate (see how I'm not mentioning it?). So if you can spare a couple of pounds to support us and Refuge, you can do so on our JustGiving page.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch, ouch, ouch :( Is it now an ex-toenail?

    Well done on the run, though, and the pics :) More interesting sights than I normally see on my runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is real warrior stuff to have blood seeping through your shoe and not know it. Hope it's not going to interfere with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on picking yourself up from yesterday, and to be rewarded with an icky toenail is just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! Love bride wars tho so totally understand your distraction!

    ReplyDelete