Wednesday 12 January 2011

Janathon: Day 12

Today I had my first PT session of the year. My first PT session of Janathon. My first PT session in three weeks. You see, PT rather selfishly took himself to Cuba for Christmas and New Year, leaving me here to freeze and exercise by myself.

Every time I thought about tonight's session, my stomach flipped. You see, I don't like taking breaks from PT sessions. Usually, if he goes on holiday, I tend to keep at the schedule for a few days, then my brain realises that he's not there to ask me where the hell I've been if I skip a few days, so I skip a few days (read: a week/however long he's away for). If I'm on holiday, I lie down a lot, eat a lot, and do nothing remotely resembling exercise. Either way, the first session back is always so painful it makes me swear that I'll never go on holiday again. It's just not worth it.

But today, the worst didn't happen. I warmed up, we boxed for 30 mins, did a cardio circuit, boxed some more, then finished off with weights. It certainly hurt, and will hurt for the next couple of days, but at no point did I nearly keel over and die, as is the norm with the first session back. And I realised it's down to Janathon. Down to you guys, reading this. You're the ones making me exercise every day, even if it's a 20 minute circuit in front of the TV on a bad day. So thank you, you saved me today!

On another note, the gym was really busy today - not all the newbies have given up yet! My gym was also doing a great impression of a sauna - it was freaking hot. Is that happening anywhere else? PT ended up moving the bikes in the spin studio so we could work in there (it was the only free room with air con). Not cool gym. Sort yourself out.

PS - apologies for the lack of an amusing picture on today's post, but I've promised fellow Janathoner and Bangs on the Run teammate Melissa (Thru The Blue) that I'd be in bed by 10pm, so I've had no time to find one!

2 comments:

  1. Aw wow it must have been such a good feeling to have an actual sign that all this daily running is doing you some good!!

    Well done you :) I'm so happy for you, ha, you'd think it was me who'd done a whole exercise session rather than jogging at a snails pace for 2 miles. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you were just hypnotised by his tan. It'll hit you tomorrow. ;-)

    xx

    P.S. Go Sween, GO!!!

    ReplyDelete