Friday 7 January 2011

Janathon: Day 7

Before you commit to reading this, let me tell you this - today's was not a prize-winning performance.

I had dinner with my boyfriend's family last night, and didn't get home till nearly 1am. Having been up at 5:30am for yesterday's run, and given I'm usually tucked up in bed by 10pm, you can probably guess how tired I was. I'd planned an early morning gym session for today's Janathon activity as I'm resting the foot again, but just before I left work yesterday, I volunteered to come in at 8am this morning. That shot my early morning gym plans down - the gym opens at 6:30am, and I'd have to leave at 7am to get to work for 8.

I hate exercising in the evening. It hangs over me all day, and by the time exercise o'clock comes round, I just want to curl up and wail. The only time I'll exercise in the evening is if I have a PT or SUPERchicks session - it's fine if I have someone telling me what to do, remember?

So I spent most of today dreading my Janathon task. I figured the gym newbies would still be all over the gym, if only to boast about going there on a Friday night (I know I did), so I decided to do a circuits session at home. I was in no state to think up a fabulous combination of torturous exercises, so I headed to Fit Girl About Town, one of my favourite fitness websites.

In the summer, I took part in the 4 Week Summer Challenge (and came away with a super pair of Sweaty Betty training gloves). Each week, the gorgeous Joslyn would upload a video of the exercises, with instructions on how long each set should be. The genius of the challenge was that each circuit lasted no longer than 20 minutes, but got my heart rate up and my muscles aching in that sick way I've come to crave. So when I needed a challenging but quick circuit tonight, I headed straight for Fit Girl, and my favourite circuit video (PLEASE NOTE: I am not even a fraction as graceful or generally amazing as Jos is in these videos, it's almost sickening how good she looks, but a  bloody good motivation!). It did involve me having to skip on the landing outside my flat to save the people who live below me from the 'thump thump thump' of my skipping, but it was totally worth it.

Thanks to the fabulous Fit Girl About Town, that's Day 7 done, and now I can pass out. I'll be up early tomorrow so I can hit the gym when it opens (in an attempt to escape the newbies) and feel smug for the rest of the day. That's the real reason I prefer exercising in the mornings, obviously.

Over and out.
Thanks to kaibara for this amazing shot!

3 comments:

  1. I want that cat! And I'm making a note of fit girl about town. Well done for sticking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on pushing through the pain and exercising at a different time. I am the polar opposite to you - hate morning exercise, but pushed myself to do it on Thursday and actually it was OK. But not something I'm keen to repeat which seems how you feel about evening exrecise haha! Good luck for the rest of Janathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swee thank you for such a lovely write up xxx

    ReplyDelete