Sunday 23 January 2011

Janathon: Day 23

Today's Paris Half Marathon training was a long run - 16km long to be exact. But when SUPER Justine called a meeting of the Sunday Run Club, I knew that 16km wouldn't be as painful if I had company for at least part of the way. And when GG said she was on board, I thought I might just be able to talk her into doing the extended route with me.

The run was great - the old Hyde Park & Green Park favourite, but with a loop around the Serpentine thrown in. We had a great run, keeping an average pace of 4 minutes 58 seconds per km. Justine left us after Green Park, but not before snapping our lovely sweaty faces:
Photo stolen from SUPER Justine! 
 
I felt really good, probably due to my shameful day of rest yesterday. It's amazing what a difference company makes to my running - the last time I did that run on my own, I stopped several times. This time, we stopped for one (much needed) stretching break about 12km in. My Nike+ recorded a total distance of 18.7km, but I've found it adds about 0.9km to my actual distance - either way, that 16km on my training plan is DONE, and is the furthest I've run EVER! I'm massively proud of myself and GG - just seven months ago we were panicking about running our first ever 5k, and today we cranked out three of those, back to back!

Annoyingly, the pain in the arch of my right foot has returned, so I'm resting it tomorrow and will do a home circuit for day 24. 

7 comments:

  1. Well done! Superb distance. No wonder you feel proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice run! sounds like good fun to round out the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Well done. I'll be sponsoring Team Bangs on Friday when I get paid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    @lissyruns - thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls, fab effort. You sholuld be really proud! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooohoooooo! fabulous run well done!!

    ReplyDelete