Saturday 22 January 2011

Janathon: Days 21 & 22

Gah, I hate posting about something the day after it's happened, it makes me feel like I'm lagging behind everyone else, which I am. I'll be back on track for Sunday's post, promise.

After the grueling workout at the Nike Training Coach app event, I knew I'd be in pain on Day 21, but I had to run. I put the call out on Twitter for someone to wake me up at 5:45am the next morning and shout at me till I got up for a run. Selfishly, none of my fabulous followers were up for that, but fellow Janathoners Travelling Hopefully and Fortnightflo told me they both had to be up early for runs too, so I promised them I'd get up.

And I did! I jumped dragged myself out of bed when my alarm went off, trying to ignore the burning in my legs, lycra-ed up, and headed out. It was the first time I'd been out for a proper run before work for a little while, and I found it pretty hard. It was only 6.3km but I had two walking breaks and my legs felt like lead weights. I'm blaming the evil Master Trainers.

I spent Friday night at a friend's house having a grown-up sleepover (which is the same as the sleepovers you had when you were 11, but with wine). I'm a little ashamed to admit that after we woke up this morning, we sat on the sofa and watched Sex and the City (the Berger years) until about 7:30pm. It was delicious, but I was itching to move. So on the way home, I took the stairs instead of the escalators at the tube station, and sort of power-walked the rest. And I've just finished a 25 minute circuit - jump squats, press-ups, planks, and things I don't know the names of.

Tomorrow's Janathon/Paris Half Marathon training is Sunday Run Club with the SUPERchick ladies. We've got an 8km route around Hyde Park planned, which I'm extending to 16km for my half mara training. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting up - I was bad! I am really going to try tomorrow morning - will tweet if i manage it!

    ReplyDelete