Monday 17 January 2011

Janathon: Day 17

Flickr image from andrijbulba's photostream

 Today I worked from home, which only ever means one thing - grazing. All day. There was the cereal for breakfast, followed by tea and *ahem* a couple of chocolate digestives about 30 minutes later. At 10:30am I stuck a potato in the oven, then polished off half a packet of Unearthed saucisson sec from my meat winnings.

The workman I was waiting for showed up the second I took my perfectly baked potato out of the oven. After that, there were more digestives, and some chorizo (again, from the meat winnings). Now, I know the running expert at the Running Show told us to 'shovel it in', but I'm not quite sure this was what he meant.

Normally, Monday is SUPERchick Group Training, but I felt like I needed to run today's grazing off, plus I need several more miles under my belt if I'm going to keep up with my training plan. So off I went - 6.4km from home to Hyde Park Corner and back. I bumped into the fabulous SUPERJustine on the way back - she'll be logging a double Janathon workout today - she ran from home to Hyde Park to do the SUPERchick class I was missing!

I would have taken some pictures of tonight's run, but it's pitch black in Hyde Park at night. It would actually be unsafe to run there if it wasn't for the hundreds of cyclists and runners with their lights and reflective lycra. Dear The Queen, can you please put more lights in Hyde Park for the people who drag themselves round your beautiful garden in the bleak midwinter?

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate digestives are moreish, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love days off work, or *ahem* working from home days. Grazing is an allowable bonus imo, just beacause these days occur so rarely!

    Well done you on running lots to make up for it, personally I'd have probably worked from my bed till 2pm and felt so lazy that even a 2 miler would have been tough. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant to run into you - can't promise that it'll happen again!! I'm impressed that you are running with 9.5 toenails xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @abradypus - dangerously so!

    ReplyDelete