Monday 10 January 2011

Woe is me - Janathon: Day 10

After yesterday's run, I spent most of the day lying on the sofa in rather dramatic fashion, wailing "Woe is me, my LEGS!":

Flickr image from Poldavo (Alex)'s photostream

They bloody hurt. Which is one of the reasons I didn't get up at 5:30am this morning for a recovery run. The other reason was the Snooze Monster. I just went ahead and pressed that button every 10 minutes till I got annoyed and reset it for 6:15 (when I snoozed for another 30 minutes - don't mock me, it's my system).

I did, however, manage to gather my running stuff from the floor (I can't be arsed rummaging around in drawers for all my gear before a morning run, so I just dump it all on the floor the night before) and chuck it in my bag ready for tonight's SUPERchick class. I then spent most of my working day on MSN (we're retro at work) to Gemma wailing "Woe is me, my LEGS!".

Tonight's SUPERchicks session wasn't too kind on my poor pins. Running intervals, interspersed with squats, planks, press-ups, lunges, crunches, tricep dips and some hideous version of London Bridge without a supporting wall. But I must admit, my legs do feel looser and altogether less painful. Maybe there is something to this recovery running business after all.

PS - sorry about the late post, actual Real Life thought it would rear its ugly head today. But it's back in its box now, and the internets rule once again.

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the pain you endured at the session last night - I was actually wailing into Lucinda's back when we were doing London Bridge and my legs were rested.

    Wicked determination from you Miss Sweeney.

    *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never mock someone for hitting the snooze button and then resetting the alarm completely. I've done it far too many times myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a snooze monster - hubby say its the one thing about me he would change!! But like you say it's my system and it works - snooze on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I've been doing a fair bit of "oh my legs hurt" and "no they really do hurt a lot" and "I can't believe how much my legs hurt" in the last few days. My partner has got to the point where he just nods and carries on with what he's doing. I think the fear is that engaging with me on the subject will lead to a perpetuation of the whining. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete