Thursday 6 January 2011

Janathon: Day 6

Today's run didn't quite go to plan. I set off at 6am without AudioFuel to guide me because I wanted to know what pace I was running at on my own, even if it was my 'injury pace'.

It was all going splendidly, until I started to feel the familiar pain in my foot about 10 minutes in. Bugger. I wanted to crank out at least 7km today after yesterday's pain-free 5km test run. But I knew that it would only get worse if I pushed on, so I turned around at Marble Arch and headed home. Hence the disappointing 2.65km total. But I did use my extra time to knock out a 15 minute bodyweight circuit (lunges, squats, press-ups, crunches, plank - repeat till dead), so that made me feel a little better.

The bright side of today's run? I'm finally keeping a fairly consistent pace - look, the lines aren't going crazy. Thank you AudioFuel, it's working!


I'm keeping the foot strapped up today and heading to the gym tomorrow morning, so hopefully the rest will help and I won't have to skip my long run for the second week in a row (eek!).

9 comments:

  1. Silver linings are always there to be found. Sometimes takes a lot of digging / creative assessment, but they are always lurking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked consistency you've got going on there Sweeney...I appear to have mastered the yo-yo technique. Not ideal. Oh well...only 59 days to go eh?

    *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like stopping was the sensible thing to do, though. And I am very impressed by your circuit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww well done for perservering, must try this audio stuff sometime. have you tried the audio cues on runkeeper yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done for not getting disheartened babe, just rest it, maybe hit the treadmill for a week? the less impact approach may help!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have yet to read Runners world but am loving that quote

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay. You have all the traits of a dedicated runner - pace sorted, distance increasing, no need for music, the Runner's World mags and running just days after a slight foot injury - crazy but so amazing. Paris will be a breeze - just you wait. Do you have a expected completion time yet for Paris? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the consistency and how did you get that runkeeper screen shot into your blog?? V jealous of your obv superior techie knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Helen - I haven't tried the audio cues yet, I usually just keep my phone in my pocket to track distance, but I'll plug my headphones in next time and see how that goes! Thanks for the tip!

    @Justine - Thanks my dear! No expected time just yet, I just want to get round without passing out! I think I'll start thinking about a time once I'm used to the long runs... eek!

    @fortnightflo - If you have an iPhone, press the round button and the power button at the same time - that takes a screenshot and saves it to your photos!

    ReplyDelete